Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: VOTT 210 cabinets

  1. #11
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Roland: I've thought of doing exactly what you describe before, but never did it. If I stick an 18" driver down in the lower part of the cabinet, there will be a measurable difference (horizontally- from front to back) in the vertical displacement of the voice coils of the drivers (the 15's vs. the 18 below). In other words, the 18 would be more towards the front of the cabinet and the 15's (they're actually 16" aren't they?) toward the rear of the horn. I do have a delay for the low, mid, and high sections of my Rane AC23 3-way stereo (5-way mono) electronic x-over so I can time align the system, but the closer I can physically get the alignment of the voice coils (in the same vertical plane) the better the overall sound. Isn't that true? The delay in the x-over can compensate for the misalignment but it takes some tweaking to get it dialed in just right. What do you think?

    Guy

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Roland N R's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2003
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Agree you will need to adjust time alignment and multiamp (at least biamp). Rane should work new DBX DSP also looks good with 2 in six out with complete freq/time etc control. 15" drivers will fit side by side, 16" drivers need to be offset somewhat to fit. Don't expect the same A4 sensitivity of 108-110dB (really only midband) from the subwoof but it will augment the weak A4 bass response and since amped independently can adjust as needed. Do let us know how you like it once operational.

    Roland

  3. #13
    Inactive Member OMNIFEX's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2003
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well.

    After reading the post I feel you are better
    off using these in a Triamp system and, building
    some subs.

    Altering the box, will destroy quality of the
    horn. Since these are being used for P.A. use,
    I think a Triamping these are te way to go.

    And since you want 15's that handle more power,
    I recomend you find 15's with the closest TS
    parameters of the Altec's but with more power.


    Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.